MEETINGS and EVENTS
Borough Offices Closed
June 26th @ 7 PM
Spring Clean Up
Open Office Hour
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
By: Michele A. Enos
Act 32 - Local Earned
Income Tax Reform
Water Notification System
SOMERSET BOROUGH SPRING CLEAN-UP
MAY 22, 2017
With the help and cooperation of Waste Management Hauling & Southern Alleghenies Landfill, clean up will be May 22nd. All items must be placed along the road right-of-way before 6:00 a.m. on Monday, May 22nd, 2017. All objects, including carpets, must be cut into 4-foot lengths and tied or bundled.
The following items WILL NOT be picked up:
- air conditioners (unless the Freon was removed by a certified technician and tagged as such)
- other items containing Freon
- car and truck parts
- building materials from remodeling or demolition
- hazardous/infectious waste
- stones, rocks, dirt, concrete, yard waste
- normal household trash
- paint or any liquid
- no 55 gallon drums
- no item two men cannot lift.
- Paint cans accepted only if paint is completely hardened with the lids removed.
- Limit one large appliance and one large furniture item per household.
- There is a 500 pound weight limit per household (excluding the furniture and appliance item).
- There will be no return trips. Residents who do not follow the guidelines will be responsible for removal of items.
Somerset Borough Annual Water Quality Report
We are pleased to present to you our 2016 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report. This report is designed to inform you about the quality water and services we deliver to you every day. Our constant goal is to provide you with a safe and dependable supply of drinking water. We want you to understand the efforts we make to continually improve the water treatment process and protect our water resources. We are committed to ensuring the quality of your water.
Este informe contiene información muy importante sobre su agua potable. Tradúzcalo ó hable con alguien que lo entienda bien. (This report contains important information about your drinking water. Translate it, or speak to someone who understands it.)
Manage your Water/Sewer Account Online
Sign up for your mySomersetBoro account and enjoy account access at your fingertips. All you need is some basic information from your water/sewer bill and a valid email address to get started.
With your mySomersetBoro account you can view your bills Online, view your usage and payment history and make Online payments from your checking account or by credit card. Don't want a paper bill, go completely paperless and sign up for ebills.
Types of payments accepted
- Bank Account (ACH)
- American Express
- The Borough of Somerset does not charge a fee for Bank Account (ACH) payments.
- A third-party fee will apply to all electronic credit card payments.
- Effective October 1, 2016 Fee for credit cards is 2.65% or $3.00 minimum charge.
Click the link to sign up for your mySomersetBoro account today! https://somerset.authoritypay.com/
PROPERTY MAINTENANCE AND CODE ENFORCEMENT
As a reminder to Somerset Borough residents, the Borough’s
Code Enforcement Department will continue to enforce the
Property Maintenance Codes and the High Grass Ordinance. Common causes for violations being issued are:
- grass exceeding 6” in height
- garbage around the property
- structural deficiencies
- unsecured vacant structures with broken
windows / open doors etc.
WHEN ARE BUILDING PERMITS REQUIRED?
With the arrival of warmer weather, here are some tips for those planning construction projects: Permits are required:
• To construct, enlarge, alter, or demolish a structure.
• When sanitary facilities (water / sewer) are added.
• When a proposed change occurs in the use of a building.
• When driveway construction is planned.
• When fencing is erected.
• When streets are excavated.
A comprehensive listing of activities requiring permits is available at our Inspections Department; by calling Building Inspector Tom Jury at 445-5595; and on our web site www.somersetborough.com.
NO SIGNS ALLOWED ON TREES, POLES
Somerset Borough reminds residents not to place signs on trees or utility poles. The Somerset Borough Zoning Ordinance prohibits signs from being attached to trees or utility poles. Recently there have been incidents of yard sale signs being placed on trees, utility and sign poles, as well as traffic signal poles.
Waste Management will be picking up recyclables for every resident in Somerset Borough beginning Monday, March 26th, 2012.
Please place your plastics, clear and colored glass and aluminum in a container near the curb of your street. Collection days will resume every Monday thereafter.
There is no charge for this service.
Public Comment Policy
Adopted by the Council of the Borough of Somerset: January 24, 2011
Council The Pennsylvania Sunshine Act (65 Pa. C.S. 701, et seq.) provides that the Board or Council of a political subdivision shall provide a reasonable opportunity at each advertised regular meeting and advertised special meeting for residents of the political subdivision or for taxpayers of the political subdivision or to comment on matters of concern, official action or deliberation which are or may be before the Board or Council prior to taking official action. (710.1).
To assure compliance with the Act, to inform members of the public who may wish to make comment, and to provide for predictable and orderly implementation of the public comment period, Somerset Borough Council has adopted this Public Comment Policy. READ MORE >